Sunday, January 17, 2010

4 Days

Today I decided to tackle the chore of sewing APU's nursing patch onto the left shoulder of each pair of scrubs I'll be taking to South Africa. Unlike most of my family, I was not blessed with the gifted seamstress gene, so although I enjoy sewing, it's usually a long, difficult process for me.

I rented the new Sandra Bullock movie, "All About Steve," and worked on sewing the patch while watching it. When the movie was over, I was only a little over halfway done with the patch, and my fingers were dying with pain, so I asked my wonderful mother if she could do the second patch for me.

I finally got the first one finished, and in half the time it took me, my mom finished the second one. But, after adding the final stitch, she realized that she had sewn it on the right arm instead of the left! Now she's going to see if it can be sewn on with the sewing machine to save her talented fingers from another hour of agony.

Here's my finished result!


It turned out crooked- I told you I don't have the seamstress gene!

And just now my mom finished the second patch on the sewing machine. It only took about 5 minutes! Why didn't we think of that before?!?!

Question of the Day: What's the most space-efficient way to pack clothes in a suitcase?

2 comments:

  1. Doug is very space efficient when it comes to packing and he always rolls his clothes.

    As you were telling your patch story, I was wondering how it could take so long to sew on a patch with the machine. I wouldn't have thought to hand sew!
    ♥Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Brooklin or Grace could sew them on for you.....I think they both inherited the gene

    ReplyDelete