Thursday, June 16, 2011

Finished!

Remember back on Superbowl Sunday when I told you about the pillow I wanted to sew? Well 4 months, 1 week, and 3 days later... I finally finished it!

I only spent about 4 days total working on it, but there was a lot of time in between when I didn't feel motivated to sew. But it's finally done, and I'm proud of the result!

Here's the front:

The back is very plain, but the fabric has a pretty flower design on it that I really like:


It turned out bigger than I expected, and I even had to buy a bigger pillow form so it would fit!

It was fun to make, but I realized that I'm not a big fan of sewing machines. I prefer sewing by hand, like my cross-stitch, because it's easier to get out and work on for a few minutes at a time. Getting out the sewing machine took a lot more effort, and I had to spend all day working on the project to make it worthwhile. I don't see many more pillows or quilts in my future, at least for a while.


P.S. I've been making more progress on my cross-stitch also. The background is coming together nicely. Just another month or two, and it should be finished as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment