Sunday, February 6, 2011

Feeling Crafty

Today was the Superbowl, but my mom and I have never been very interested in football, so we decided to go craft shopping instead!

I have been wanting to try quilting for the past few weeks, so I was looking for different fabric options today. My mom has been wanting to start a new cross-stitch project, so she was looking for patterns. Although she didn't find any patterns she liked, I found some fabric!


Since I've never made a quilt (or anything close to it) before, I'm going to start out small by making a pillow. If I like it, then I might tackle a full quilt later on.

I'll be making a quilt square from ohfransson.com (where my cousins and aunt got their pattern from as well) as the pillow front. Since it won't take a lot of fabric, I just got a quilter's bundle with 5 different patterns.

I'll need to go back later to get the backing and pillow form, but I was excited to at least have something to start with this week!

I'll keep you updated on my pillow's progress as I begin to work on it. I'm really excited about it, so I hope it turns out well!


P.S. I also found this super cute cross-stitch pattern of an African woman with her child, and I fell in love with it. Even though I tried, I just couldn't pass it up! I'll be making it eventually to add to my African art collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment