Saturday, October 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandpa!

Friday was my grandpa's 80th birthday! He's an avid bike rider (he usually rides about 16 miles a day, 3-5 days a week), so he decided he wanted to ride the bike trail that goes from Azusa Canyon all the way to the beach! It's a 38 mile ride. My parents and my cousin Dana's father-in-law rode with him. I had a class in the morning, or else I would've attempted it too!

I drove with my cousin Tracie, Aunt Cheryl, and Uncle John to be there at the beach once they arrived. They finished strong!



We had a picnic lunch there at the beach. Uncle John barbecued hamburgers and hot dogs for everyone.

My dad gave Grandpa a birthday present to use at the beach- a kite. It was tough to fly, but fun trying!



Tracie and I declared ourselves the "favorite" grandkids for the day since we were able to go to the beach with Grandpa.

Later on in the evening, we had dinner at John and Cheryl's house, and since Jen couldn't be there, we called her with Skype and let Grandpa talk to her. We even sang Happy Birthday while she was there on the computer!



Happy birthday Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment