Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Yuck, It's Raining

I can't stand this weather!

It started getting cold a couple days ago. I had just painted my toenails a really pretty color that I fell in love with, and now I have to wear socks all the time and can't even see my pretty toes!

And to make matters worse, we got the first rain of the season today! I hate rain even more than cold, which is exactly why I live in warm, sunny Southern California. I don't like to get my clothes wet, so I can't stand walking in the rain, and I'm especially horrified of driving in it. And of course, it was my turn to drive to clinical this morning.

I carpool with two (and today, three) other girls from my clinical group. We each take turns driving all the way out to Downey on Tuesday mornings and Thursday evenings for our rehab clinical. It's always a traffic-y drive anyway, but today was much worse because it started pouring! I could barely see through the rain and glare of the oncoming headlights. One of the girls in my car even saw an accident happen! It was pretty scary.

Thankfully, the rain had stopped for most of the drive home. As soon as I got home, I changed into warm, comfy clothes, complete with two pairs of socks, and determined to not step foot outside again for the rest of the day. And I haven't!

On a happier note, the good thing about this weather is that it convinced my mom that it's time for fall decorations! She just put them up two days ago. I love decorations!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bethany, good thing you don't live in Puyallup!!

    ♥Heather

    PS. I did not know you had a blog til I saw the link on Nicki's today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel exactly the opposite! That's my favorite kind of weather....rainy, cloudy, and cold. Maybe I should be living in Seattle instead of So.Cal!

    ...but I'm with you on the driving part....SCARY!!

    ReplyDelete