Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Beginning of the End... of School!

My final semester of college began last Wednesday, and I'm now officially on my way to graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing!

I cannot believe that I've already finished four years of college. I truly can't comprehend it! I feel like I was just a little freshman last week, but somehow time has passed much faster than I ever thought imaginable, and I am now a super senior.

I always thought it would be fun to tell people that I'm a "super senior." I'm actually kind of glad that it's taking me 4 1/2 years to graduate just because I get this really cool title as a result!

I'm also having a lot more fun on campus this semester because I actually know people now! Thanks to studying abroad in South Africa, I now have 52 close friends on campus that I bump into all the time! It's great!

Even though I'm going to be reading constantly for my critical care nursing class and my American lit class (probably shouldn't have taken them together), this is still going to be a fun final semester! Plus, I get to do clinicals at this place again:


Huntington Hospital!

I was awestruck once again when my clinical group met in the lobby this morning. I seriously felt like I was in a hotel rather than in a hospital.

Of course, this feeling changed quickly once we toured the ER and heard about a really "exciting" trauma patient that had just been brought in with a fractured skull. Our professor says that this patient will be transferred to the ICU floor that we'll be working on, so it may be one of my patients next week!

It's going to be a challenging clinical, but hopefully I'll feel like a real nurse by the end of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment